Welcome
Home About the Forum Forum Rules Forum FAQs & Policies ShoutBox Official RRW Groups Official Blog

Romance Readers and Writers Forum
March 18, 2024, 11:01:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

RRW Book Club~Robb, JD: Naked in Death April 16-30

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RRW Book Club~Robb, JD: Naked in Death April 16-30  (Read 4748 times)
Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« on: April 16, 2008, 07:29:03 am »

Discussion started: April 16, 2008
Title: Naked in Death
Author: J.D. Robb
Release date: July 1995
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Links: Author's Web site | Amazon | B&N

From J.D.'s Website:

Introducing New York Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas…
Breaking every rule, Lt. Eve Dallas gets involved with Roarke, a suspect in her latest murder case. But passion and seduction have rules all their own.

Inside first page:

From # 1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts, writing as J.D. Robb, comes a novel set in a time and place where technology rules the world. But for New York Detective Eve Dallas, one irresistible impulse still rules the heart: passion…

NAKED IN DEATH
Eve Dallas is a New York police lieutenant hunting for a ruthless killer. In more than ten years on the force, she’s seen in all—and knows that her survival depends on her instincts. And she’s going against every warning telling her not to get involved with Roarke, an Irish billionaire—and a suspect in Eve’s murder investigation. But passion and seduction have rules of their own, it’s up to Eve to take a chance in the arms of a man she knows nothing about—except the addictive hunger of needing his touch.

Questions for NAKED IN DEATH

[spoiler]"One-two Punch"
What caused both Eve Dallas and Roarke to feel that "one-two punch" of power when they first glanced at each other at the funeral?

The Gray Suit Button and Coffee
Roarke found Eve's gray button that came from her suit in the limo after the funeral and kept it. Eve instantly loved the REAL coffee that Roarke gave her while they both road together in his limo. Why do you think Roarke kept the Eve's gray suit button? Why do you think Roarke was fascinated with watching Eve enjoy her REAL cup of coffee?

The American Cop & the Irish Billionaire
Eve Dallas and Roarke are total opposites. What is their attraction to each other besides the physical? Are they some how similar but don't realize it?

Eve's First
When Eve and Roarke finally made love Eve was scared to feel. Do you think that Roarke make the right decision by pushing Eve into feeling more than she ever had the first night together? How do you think this has helped or made worse their blooming relationship?

Senator DeBlass & Congresswoman DeBlass & Sharon DeBlass
What do you think about Senator DeBlass and his relationship with his daughter Congresswoman DeBlass and his granddaughter Sharon DeBlass?

Our future going to be J.D. Robb's 2058 future world?
Do you think that in the future our world will be like or similar to the future world J.D. Robb describes in NAKED IN DEATH?

The Future NOW!
What do you wish we could have now that J.D. Robb describes in NAKED IN DEATH in 2058?

Didn't see that coming
In the end of the book what was your reaction to finding out that it was Rockman who murdered Lola Starr and Georgie Castle to cover Senator DeBlass' a$$?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 06:40:20 am by Phoebe Jordan » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:31:06 am »

What caused both Eve Dallas and Roarke to feel that "one-two punch" of power when they first glanced at each other at the funeral?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:32:11 am »

Roarke found Eve's gray button that came from her suit in the limo after the funeral and kept it. Eve instantly loved the REAL coffee that Roarke gave her while they both road together in his limo. Why do you think Roarke kept the Eve's gray suit button? Why do you think Roarke was fascinated with watching Eve enjoy her REAL cup of coffee?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 07:33:05 am »

Eve Dallas and Roarke are total opposites. What is their attraction to each other besides the physical? Are they somehow similar but don't realize it?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 07:33:56 am »

When Eve and Roarke finally made love Eve was scared to feel. Do you think that Roarke make the right decision by pushing Eve into feeling more than she ever had the first night together? How do you think this has helped or made worse their blooming relationship?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:34:57 am »

What do you think about Senator DeBlass and his relationship with his daughter Congresswoman DeBlass and his granddaughter Sharon DeBlass?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:27 am »

Do you think that in the future our world will be like or similar to the future world J.D. Robb describes in NAKED IN DEATH?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 07:37:28 am »

What do you wish we could have now that J.D. Robb describes in NAKED IN DEATH in 2058?
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 07:38:24 am »

In the end of the book what was your reaction to finding out that it was Rockman who murdered Lola Starr and Georgie Castle to cover Senator DeBlass' a$$?
Report Spam   Logged

Mountie
Website Team
RRW Newbie

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 04:08:06 pm »

A man after my own heart... REAL coffee for Eve both in the Limo and as his first gift.  Two things; Roarke really GETS his woman.  He seems to know instinctively what works for her.  A pound of coffee instead of red roses.

And it just isn't the coffee it is the fact that Roarke can relive the joy of discovering new things as he watches Eve's reactions to her discoveries of life's simple pleasures, real coffee, good wine, red meat...

Anyone who has spent time watching and interacting with children understands the joys of rediscovering the world through the eyes of a child as they learn new things.  It is totally vicarious but utterly rewarding to be a part of that voyage and Roarke is as entranced with the process that Eve goes through each time she discovers a new joy or rediscovers it in Roarkes presence.

He is a lucky man...
Report Spam   Logged

Erotica Forum Moderator, Starbucks Patron, Whiskey Please
Mountie
Website Team
RRW Newbie

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 04:36:08 pm »

?Sheer Animal Magnitism?

I know that "lust" at first sight happens and that there is the feeeling of shock that does occur with recognizing an instant attraction.

I believe though that this a romance device that is more plausible in books than in real life as we have a tendency to second guess ourselves and doubt our gut insticts.

It does show us readers the instant recognition beween the H & H which can be built on in later interactions.  Beacause I do have a belief in the one/two may occur in real life then I can buy into it happening in a book.

I just wish it would happen to me... *sigh* Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Erotica Forum Moderator, Starbucks Patron, Whiskey Please
Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 02:24:42 pm »

I think that Eve and Roarke must have felt this "one-two punch" of power because they were meant to be together. I think that they were destined to meet each other and to have the animal magnitism when they first glance at each other.

I agree Moutie that "lust" at first sight happens and that there is usually a feeling of shock that occurs when that recognition of instant attraction happens. I haven't felt that happen Embarrassed yet but I also wish that it would. *sigh*  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 02:33:59 pm »

I think that it is so adorable and so down to earth that Roarke would keep a silly gray button from Eve's suit. I shows that he's just a person deep down and his cool business exterior is just a front to keep people at a distance.

I think it's like Mountie says Roarke gets his woman, even though Eve isn't his yet. I think that Roarke enjoyed watching Eve enjoy her first cup of REAL coffee because it was something he didn't expect to see in a cop, especially this woman. I think that this is the start of a beautiful and exciting relationship between Roarke and Eve. They are both lucky to have found each other under those circumstances.
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 09:46:42 am »

I think that Eve and Roarke are made for each other. They compliment each other perfectly because they may seem like total opposites but they are more alike than they think. Like Roarke said once they are both "Lost Souls" that have just found each other. Eve is the tough American cop that never gives up searching for the criminal and Roarke is the beautiful Irish billionaire that knows what he wants and gets it no matter what.
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 09:59:09 am »

I think both Eve and Roarke needed that push into making their budding relationship into something that can be more and lasting. Eve is so use to being alone and not really feeling anything that when she's finally feeling this powerful emotion with Roarke it scares her. Roarke was right into pushing Eve to feel more than she ever has because she needs to finally feel like a woman. I think this is the start of a beautiful but never predictable relationship between Eve and Roarke. This night together was what they both needed because I think they have been alone too long and I mean that in an emotional level.
Report Spam   Logged

Phoebe Jordan
Ruler of the Forum!
Administrator
RRW Sunshine Member

I Love Chocolate!

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30:32 am »

Senator DeBlass is one sick man. I don't know how that man could sexually abuse his own daughter and then when his daughter left he chose his own granddaughter to take her place. I think he is one sick man who should be put in jail for the rest of his life.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affiliates
Place Your Badge Here
All About Romance BBAW Directory The Book Faery Reviews The Bookkeeper Free Book Friday Free Book Friday Teens Fresh Fiction The Personal Website of Gina Weston The Girls on Books Goddess Fish Promotions Click to see the latest book reviews of independent book bloggers. Historical Romance Society K. Celeste Bryan Keta Diablo Keta's Keep Lisa Lane ~ Cerebral Writer Manic Readers Moira Keith Murder She Writes The Mystic Realm Night Owl Romance Noble Romance Authors Penelope's Romance Reviews Ravenous Romance Authors Romance Junkies Romance Writers United Romancing the Blog The Smutketeers The Stuff of Myth and Men Vampire Romance Books Wife and Mom of 3 The Writer's Life
Place Badge Here

Smooth Blue Created by deathwilldie at Ultimate Graphics